On-site amenities include
- 24-hour manned security and FOB/key access
- On-site Property Management
- Hi-speed telecommunication
- Panoramic views of the state capitol
- Executive Lounge with exterior Terrace, 3 Conference Rooms, Fitness center woth locker rooms and showers, two parking garages, bike racks, deli, and overnight FedEx, Lonestar, and UPS drop boxes
- Within walking distance of Austin's first-class hotels, restaurants, retail stores, museums and State Capitol complex
The Terrace and Executive Lounge is located on the 15th floor at 816 Congress Avenue. This is an amenity space for customers at 816 Congress and is not available for daytime events during the work week.
- 250 people (indoor and outdoor space)
- 136 people (indoor space only)
Inclement weather capacity is 136 maximum in the indoor lounge
Event Availability Times
Monday – Thursday
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm Set-up beginning at 5PM
6:00 pm - midnight with set-up beginning at 5PM
1:00 pm - midnight with set-up beginning at 12PM
10:00 am - 10:00 pm with set-up beginning at 9AM
- Under no circumstances can set-up occur earlier than one (1) hour prior to the Event with the exception of the preparation room which may be utilized two (2) hours prior to an Event
- Removal, clean up and putting furniture back in place must be completed within one (1) hour of the Event end time
816 Congress Preferred Vendors - PDF
This is an event in which a lease-holding entity of 816 Congress is hosting and the majority of the attendees work on-site at 816 Congress Ave.
To make a reservation request for a Customer Event utilize Roomzilla- your office manager has access to this. These reservations must be made by the appointed contact in your company. You will be contacted after your request is received to discuss the event.
816 Congress Executive Lounge and Terrace Rules and Regulations - PDF
- There is no rental charge for the use of the space however there are costs associated to After Hours HVAC, Janitorial Services, Parking and Security that will vary based on your event date, time, hours of the event, and number of attendees. See 816 Congress Executive Lounge and Terrace Rules and Regulations for more information regarding security and parking fees. Fees for customer events will be added to your miscellaneous billing charges
- You can provide your own food, beverages, furniture/décor if necessary or you can utilize a catering and/or rental company to provide these items
- Beer and wine may be served without a TABC bartender.
- Hard alcohol must be served by TABC certified bartenders and the TABC bartender’s license information must be provided in advance. A Security officer is required for all Events that serve hard alcohol.
- All deliveries will need to be discussed and coordinated with Property Management in advance. A Contractor Request Form will typically suffice. Please reference the Delivery Information page for additional information.
If a lease holding entity is hosting an event as part of a larger organization it is considered a hosted event.
- All Hosted Event rentals are for no more than four hours in duration, excluding set-up and take down
- Rental fees for Hosted Events must be paid in advance and will require a deposit payment. Payment details will be included in the License Agreement
- $1250 Monday – Thursday
- $2000 Friday – Sunday
This is an event in which an individual or an organization outside of 816 Congress Ave. is having an event. To make a reservation for a Personal Event please contact the management office directly at 512-354-3740 to check availability. All fees will be discussed at that time and a License Agreement will be generated and sent. The executed License Agreement and 25% deposit payment will be required to secure the reservation.
816 Congress Personal Events Rules, Regulations and Fees - PDF
- All Personal Event rentals are for no more than four hours in duration, excluding set-up and take down
- A Certificate of Insurance will be required if you are not a building customer as per the License Agreement
- Rental fees for Personal Events must be paid in advance and will require a deposit payment. Payment details will be included in the License Agreement
- $2500 Monday – Thursday
- $4000 Friday – Sunday
- Fees for Hosted and Personal Events must be made by check payable to: Cousins 816 Congress LLC and delivered to the following address:
816 Congress Ave, Suite 300
Austin, TX 78701
Jimmy John's Deli is located in suite 150 on our ground level
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 11:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday – Sunday CLOSED
Fooda "Popup" is located in the lobby on our ground floor.
Fooda brings a different restaurant to 816 Congress from 11:30AM - 1:30PM Monday - Friday. Each restaurant curates their own unique menu and will "popup" in the lobby.
Fooda Sign-Up Information - PDF
This State-of-the-art Fitness center is a full service fitness center with a clean, non-competitive environment, personal badge access Monday through Sunday, and 24-hour Security. Customers enjoy the full line of upper and lower body resistance equpiment, free weights, and a wide range of cardiovascular equipment. This is located on the 3rd floor of 816 Congress and is available for use by all employees of our customers. Fully equipped locker rooms with showers and towel service are also available for your use.
If you are interested in joining the Fitness Center, please first familiarize yourself with the Rules and Regulations. Then sign and return to your company contact to submit a work order requesting fitness center access on your building access FOB. Once received, building Security will program your exisitng asscess FOB or issue a new FOB to permit entry into the Fitness Center. Please allow 24 hours for exisiting cards to be updated.
There is no charge for 816 Congress employees to use the Fitness Center. Out of condideration to all building employees however, we ask that you not allow friends or family members to access the Fitness Center with your access FOB. Children are never permitted in the Fitness Center.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Sunday 24/7, excluding 8pm to 10pm, Monday through Friday for Janitorial services
Fitness Center Rules and Regulations - PDF
The 816 Congress Conference Center is available for customer use free of charge on a first come, first served basis. The Conference Center is located on the 3rd floor and consists of three conference rooms:
|Mockingbird Room||Accommodates up to 8 people|
|Bluebonnet Room||Accommodates up to 18 people|
|Longhorn Room||Accommodates up to 42 people|
Each room is equipped with the following:
- Projection capabilities - must pick up Click Share device from Property Management Office
- WiFi with log-in information provided in each room
- Wireless conference phone
- A dry erase board, markers and eraser
The rooms must be reserved in advance by logging on to Roomzilla. Please pick up the room key in advance in the Management Office, Suite 300. If the Management Office is closed, please see the Security officers on the 1st floor at the Security desk for assistance. The room may be configured as desired, but must be set back to its standard configuration when the reservation is complete.
816 Congress Conference Rooms Rules and Regulations - PDF
Click Share Device Instructions (also printed in each room) - PDF
Roomzilla Reservation Instructions - PDF
816 Congress Parking Garage
Parking for 816 Congress is located on south side of 9th Street between Colorado Street and Congress Avenue. The garage is open 24 hours a day to 816 Congress contract parkers for our customers' conveinence.
Reserved and Unreserved Garage Parking
Reserved and Unreserved Parking allocations are designated per your Lease. Parking access is provided by using your vehicle’s TxTag and/or a parking badge. Before gaining access to the parking garage, all employees must fully complete the Parking Application form. Parking is available in two parking garages, 816 Congress Avenue and 901 Lavaca. 901 Lavaca is strictly for contract parkers and is located on the north side of 9th street between Colorado Street and Congress Avenue. Once completed, the Parking Application Form can be emailed to Reef Parking at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional questions, please contact Reef Parking at (512)320-7004.
816 Congress & 9th Street Garage Parking Application Form - PDF
Visitors may park in any unreserved space in the 816 Congress Garage.
Tow Away Zones
Please observe No Parking, Handicapped Parking, and Reserved Parking signs as well as the parking rules and regulations. We will tow away any vehicles found in violation of the parking rules.
816 Congress 9th Street Garage Parking Rules and Regulations
- Owner & Garage Manager require that the Contract Parking Agreement and Garage Access Application Form be completed prior to the issuance of an access card. Garage cards are issued specifically to individuals and not to be shared with coworkers. If you need to transfer the card to another employee, please complete the appropriate paperwork.
- A Garage Access Card or Toll Tag must be used for access to the 816 Congress Garage and the 9th Street Garage (“Parking Facilities”). Access cards will be distributed by the Garage Manager and are not transferable to another person without completing new forms referenced in item 1 above. The cost of replacing any access card(s) lost, damaged (normal wear and tear excepted), or not returned will be charged to your company at a rate of $25.00.
- Ensure that you provide accurate license plate information when you get your card and update it with us as it changes. We utilize this information for notifications such as lights being left on or illegal parking.
- An access card or Toll tag must be used at all times to operate the entrance and exit gates to the Parking Facilities. If your access card or Toll tag does not work, contact the Garage Manager at (512)320-7004. It is important to remember that the access cards must be used in entrance/exit sequence in either garage. Failure to execute this sequence causes the computer to automatically lock out your access card and prevents it from opening any gate until it is placed back in proper sequence.
- Employees of tenants at 816 Congress are authorized to park in the Parking Facilities, subject to the tenant’s allotment of parking space and provisions in the tenant’s Lease.
- All persons parking in the Parking Facilities shall observe – 24 hours per day – all posted signs and markings regarding speed, traffic lanes, yield and stop signs, reserved parking, visitor parking, handicapped parking, no parking, etc. and stripes separating parkingspaces.
- The speed limit in the Parking Facilities is five (5) miles per hour
- No vehicle shall use more than one parking space at a time. Ensure that you are parked between the lines and not impeding the use of another parking space.
- Please pull all the way forward to the wheel stop when parking so that the flow of traffic remains open.
- Spaces are designed for front entry. Backing into spaces could potentially lead to damage of the Parking Facilities or your vehicle.
- If you have a small vehicle, do not park in the space noted oversize. Please reserve this for trucks and larger SUVs.
- 816 Congress is a one way garage. Anyone going the wrong way will have parking privileges revoked.
- Owner will make reasonable efforts to provide parking for all types of vehicles. Certain spaces are designated for “Compact Cars Only”. These are designed to accommodate compact and smaller vehicles (defined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as having a Passenger & Cargo Volume of 109 cubic feet or less). The City of Austin defines “Compact Parking Spaces” as a stall width of 7’6”, in lieu of a stall width of 8’6” or 9’0” for a “Standard Parking Space”. Vehicles in Compact, Subcompact, Mini-compact, or smaller classes must use the designated “Compact Cars Only” parking spaces, if available. Owner will attempt, but shall have no obligation, to provide parking for oversized vehicles if the existing oversized vehicle parking areas are full or are not appropriate for or available to the oversized vehicle(s) in question.
- Vehicles may not be stored or left in the parking facilities overnight without prior notification and approval by owner or garage manager. Please complete the Overnight Request Form and email to Reef Parking at email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm on business days.
- If you damage personal property, or damage any Parking Facilities’ equipment, in addition to any liability you may have for any claims, damages, losses or costs arising out of any damage or violation, the Owner/Garage Manager may cancel and terminate your right to the Parking Facilities and void, and render ineffective, your access card.
- Owner/Garage Manager reserves the right to close the Parking Facilities for repairs, maintenance, or modifications. No refunds will be given when the Parking Facilities are closed.
- All persons utilizing the Parking Facilities shall refrain from leaving trash, ashtray contents, or other debris on the floors or common areas of the Parking Facilities. All persons utilizing the Parking Facilities shall be responsible for promptly repairing flat tires or other conditions of the vehicle which cause unsightliness in the reasonable judgment of the Owner/Garage Manager.
- Owner/Garage Manager reserve the right, from time to time, and at any time, to modify or change these parking Rules and Regulations or to void Access Cards. If you park or operate your vehicle in violation of these parking Rules and Regulations or fail to observe and perform your obligations under your Parking Facilities Contract, in addition to any other right or remedy Owner/Garage Manager may (a) have your vehicle towed away at your sole expense and or (b) terminate your right to use the parking facilities and void, and render ineffective your access card.
- If you need a tow truck to come, please notify management or security in advance. The clearance for the 816 Congress Garage is 6’-7” and the 9th Street Garage is 7’-0”. Please ensure you communicate this to the towing company.
- Garage trash cans are for vehicle trash. Please do not leave large personal trash bags in the garage.